Wednesday, June 23, 2010
This is what's in store for her:
2010 SCHEDULE OF ACTIVITIES
AGJ: EXPERIENCE AUSTRALIA
JULY 07 – JULY 21, 2010
WEDNESDAY, JULY 07
Depart for Cairns, Australia
• Greet your fellow Ambassadors in your departure city before boarding your
international flight to Cairns, Australia.
THURSDAY, JULY 08
En-route to Cairns
● Lose a day as you cross the International Date Line en-route to Cairns, Australia.
FRIDAY, JULY 09
• After changing planes, arrive in Cairns where you will meet your Delegation
• This coastal cosmopolitan city is nestled in northern Queensland amid two of
Australia’s most treasured World Heritage destinations, the Wet Tropics
Rainforest and the Great Barrier Reef.
• Ride through the rainforest in a World War II amphibious vehicle, an Army Duck,
which can traverse land and water.
• Encounter Australia's unique fauna, such as koalas, kangaroos, crocodiles, and
wombats at a wildlife sanctuary.
• Have your photo taken with a koala.
• Learn how to throw a boomerang and test your skill on the didgeridoo as you
interact with local Aboriginal people.
• See a traditional aboriginal performance.
• This evening participate in a bush dance.
• Don't forget to pack your day bag for tomorrow with sunscreen, sun hat, swimsuit
and towel. An underwater camera will capture those magical moments on the
SATURDAY, JULY 10
• Cruise out to the Great Barrier Reef across pristine waters.
• Snorkel the Great Barrier Reef and see brightly colored tropical fish, giant clams
and different types of soft and hard coral.
• Any questions that may arise out of your exploration of the Reef, take to the
Marine Biologist that joins your delegation for this experience.
SUNDAY, JULY 11
• Take a bird’s eye view above the rainforest canopy on an elevated walkway
above the Wooroonooran National Park.
• Participate in a community service project by making scones and giving them to
the elderly citizens of Malanda. Many of these citizens were early pioneers in the
development and settlement of this area. Learn a great deal about Australian
history and culture as you visit with them while passing out the results of your
• Shop at the local Cairns Night Markets, a lively emporium for all things unique
MONDAY, JULY 12
Sunshine Coast, Australia
• Get ready to board your flight to Brisbane, the capital of Queensland. Brisbane is
Australia’s third largest city, was the second original convict settlement.
• Overnight at the Sunshine Coast which stretches some 40 miles, and was given
its name because the sun shines most of the time.
TUESDAY, JULY 13
Fraser Island, Australia
• Take to the water at a pristine Australian beach and try your hand at surfing.
• Continue your journey north through the old gold-mining town of Gympie, before
heading to Hervey Bay.
• Take a short boat ride to Fraser Island.
• This island is the largest sand island in the world. Fraser Island was listed as a
world heritage site in 1992 by the UNESCO World Heritage Committee due to its
natural and cultural importance.
WEDNESDAY, JULY 14
Fraser Island, Australia
• Get ready to discover Fraser Island on a 4-wheel drive excursion.
• Drive on the East Coast Highway or 75 mile beach as it is otherwise known.
• Make a stop at the prettiest freshwater lake, Lake McKenzie where you will have
the opportunity to take a swim.
• Learn about this unique ecosystem’s flora and fauna including the dingo, a type
of wild dog.
THURSDAY, JULY 15
Surfers Paradise, Australia
• Say goodbye to your island home this morning.
• Explore Brisbane a cosmopolitan city; these include areas such as Southbank,
Queen Street Mall and the Town Hall Square.
• Learn about Australia’s national gemstone, the opal, during a cutting and
polishing demonstration at an opal establishment.
• Stay amongst the skyscrapers and the sandy beaches that make up the lively
metropolis of Surfers Paradise, located on the iconic Gold Coast.
● Have a rockin’ and rollin’ good time at the Hard Rock Café, amidst its fascinating
collection of music memorabilia.
FRIDAY, JULY 16
Home Stay-Tamworth, Australia
• Cross over the border into New South Wales, Australia’s most populous state.
• Journey north through rural New South Wales to the home of country music in
Australia - Tamworth.
• Meet your home stay family and stay with them for two nights.
SATURDAY, JULY 17
Home Stay-Tamworth, Australia
• Your home stay continues with a chance to experience everyday life in Australia
and meet the locals.
• This is your opportunity to make lifelong friends.
• Remember to thank your home stay family as this will be your last night with
• Be sure to bring your pictures of friends and family back home, as your host
family will enjoy seeing them.
SUNDAY, JULY 18
• Don’t forget to exchange address information so you can keep in touch!
• Bid farewell to your home stay family.
• Welcome to Sydney - Australia's largest city and the capital of New South Wales.
MONDAY, JULY 19
• Participate in fun and interactive workshops and challenge yourself as you abseil
down an exposed rock face in the Blue Mountains, all designed to help you
achieve new levels of personal development.
• For your “Full On” experience, please be sure to bring a warm hat, gloves,
clothes for layering, and a medium weight coat that is water-resistant.
TUESDAY, JULY 20
• Soak in a 360-degree-view of this beautiful city from the Sydney Tower.
● Enjoy a guided orientation of the majestic Sydney Opera House complex.
• Discover Darling Harbour, a lively recreational precinct located at Cockle Bay
which is one of the waterways of Sydney Harbour.
• Discover the Sydney Cricket Ground and learn about this popular summer sport
before trying your hand at it.
• Go on a dinner cruise with Sydney Harbor as your spectacular backdrop.
• May we suggest comfortable walking shoes for your time in Sydney?
WEDNESDAY, JULY 21
Depart for Home
• Board the coach to the airport for your return flight to the United States.
Important Preparatory Information:
• You should also plan to bring a sun hat and a water bottle.
• Activities on this program will include hiking over rugged terrain.
Comfortable, broken-in hiking boots, cross trainers, or athletic shoes with
tread that allow for good traction are strongly recommended.
• Please note a koala photo is included in the program costs, although if you
like extra copies for family and friends these will be available to purchase.
Looks like she is going to have a really great 2 weeks! We will surely miss her!
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
Tim continue to enjoy being able to stay home with the kids and driving the kids, or specifically Chaye to all her activities as Eli tags along.
Eli is growing so fast. His vocabulary is expansive that he surprises us on a daily basis. He is all boy! Such an inquisitive little man!
Noah is playing basketball at Monroe Central Junior High. He has gotten taller, yet again. No surprise there.
Some of my favorite snapshots of Eli from this month.
Play hard! Sleep harder...he can sleep for 14 hours straight, once you get him to go to bed. There is so much he wants to do when he is awake, build forts using our cushions and pillows in the loft, play with his toys, watch his favorite shows on Noggin, sing songs...just to name a few. Whew! It makes me tired just thinking about it. His appetite is unbelievable too. This little man can eat and eat!
Tuesday, November 3, 2009
Eli has grown so much! He is witty and charming, precious and precocious as well, he is so full of energy! The long awaited peeing in the bathroom finally happened. One night he went to the bathroom and sat on the potty without being prompted. We are now working on the poop part. He dressed up as Bumblebee (transformer) for Halloween. He enjoyed trick or treating. He was so into it! Saying trick or treat and thank you after he got a treat. Last year he did not put on any costume, he did not want to go trick or treating. He just wanted to give out the candy, so this year has been a definite change.
Chaye dressed up as a school girl. Noah was a military man who was a guard for 3 prisoners of war. He and his friends orchestrated their costume. It was a cool idea. We hosted a halloween party for Chaye and Noah and 20 of their friends. We had a houseful of 7th graders! It was so much fun! The kids had a great time, it was tiring for us adults but it was well worth it. Didn't have to spend a whole lot to have an awesome party!
Tim is attempting to get back into the workforce. He has applied for different human resources position in Clarian. We have our fingers crossed and hoping for an answer soon. I am still adjusting to being a shift coordinator, still feel like a fish out of the fish bowl. I love it though!
We are definitely looking forward to what November has in store for us. October has plagued us with illnesses as well so we are looking forward to a healthy month.
Eli having fun with Jas and Chaye
I love this!
Tim as a dalmatian and Eli as Bumblebee
Jas and Chaye, school girl fashionistas
Noah, Danny, Grady and Jack
Eli and his "sisters"
Friday, September 11, 2009
Before the game...tailgating with the Hutsons
After the game...hanging out with friends. From L to R, Chaye, Kaylee and Jas.
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
I'm going to shoot you!
At Holliday Park
He loves to climb this! He of course is not big enough for it yet!
One of my favorite photos of Eli and I
A day with Aunt Michelle
Our little girl is growing up! Today was her first day of school...seventh grade here she comes! Hard to believe that she is already in 7th grade. She has grown so much physically and emotionally. We are proud to say that she has also grown spiritually. Her maturity level amazes us and other times also baffles us as she occasionally acts out and reminds us that she is still only 12. She has great challenges this year, not just academically which we know she would excel because she always perseveres but because of the issues she has been having with her vision.
She has been very upbeat despite going to school a day after testing where the medicine has not worn off and left her barely able to see anything. She made the most out of what could have been a very challenging day. She came home beaming from ear to ear, excited and full of stories of her first day.